Gaming Rules & Regulations
By participating in D2BY, you're bound to agree with our rules and regulations.
D2BY may update, amend, edit and supplement this Rules & Regulations at any time. Any substantial amendment to the D2BY Rules shall be notified in advance by D2BY to user before coming into effect. User shall review the Rules as posted on the D2BY website(s) on a regular basis, and not less than once a month.
A) GAMES & MATCHES
- The positioning of the teams (left or right) in our open matches does not represent Home or Guest/Away team.
- Gaming in Football matches - The final results of every football matches include the Stoppage Time, but not the Extra Time. That said, goals scored after the 90 minutes (including Stoppage Time) will not be taken as part of the final result.
- Gaming in Basketball matches - The final results of every basketball matches include the counting of the Over Time if the match goes tie.
- Gaming in Dota 2 matches - Under normal circumstances (except for Best of One match), the leading team that quits/disconnect/forfeits the rest of the games, the match will be canceled.
However, if the losing team are the one that quits/disconnect/forfeits in the next game, the opponent will take the final victory of the match. (Note:“Leading“ is defined as leading in terms of winning game.)
- The parimutuel prediction will be closed before the match starts, you could place/cancel the prediction or switch the team before it gets closed. But the prediction cannot be canceled within 10 minutes before the match starts. And for esports prediction, you cannot switch the team within 30 seconds before the match starts while in sports prediction, the time is 3 minutes. Once you already canceled the prediction and switched the team for 10 times (cancel + switch), you are not allowed to cancel or switch anymore. As for the fixed-odds prediction, it will be closed before the match starts. You cannot switch the team or cancel the prediction once it’s placed successfully in fixed-odds prediction or in-play prediction. Explanation of quit/disconnect/forfeit match:
- n Best of One (Bo1) match, if a team quits/disconnect/forfeits the match after finishing Ban/Pick phase, we would take the opponent of the quit/disconnect/forfeit team as the winner and settle the Match Winner prediction while other unsettled predictions will be canceled. If the quit/disconnect/forfeit happened during Ban/Pick phase, the match will be canceled.
- In all matches except for Best of One (BO1) match, if team A quits/disconnect/forfeits one game, but team A still plays the next games, then all unsettled predictions related to the quits/disconnect/forfeits game will be canceled, others will be settled according to the match result. If all the following games are determined as quits/disconnect/forfeits games, then all unsettled predictions will be canceled. For example:
- In Best of Two (Bo2) or Best of Three (Bo3) match, if the team B won the first game, but quit/disconnect/forfeit in the next game, the unsettled predictions will be canceled. However, if the team B won the first game but then encountered a situation of which team A quits/disconnect/forfeits in the next games, we will take the team B as the winner and other unsettled predictions will be canceled except the match winner/handicap (team A handicap)/ game 1 winner predictions.
- In Best of Five (Bo5) match, if a team quits/disconnect/forfeits in the next game, the available predictions will be settled according to the present match result, and other predictions that cannot be settled will be canceled.
- In Best of Three (Bo3) match, if the score is 1:1，then team A quit/disconnect/forfeit in game 3, the match winner prediction will be canceled, and handicap predictions will be settled according to the match result of 1:1.
- Gaming in CS:GO matches – Similar as the Dota 2 matches, CS:GO matches are under the usual match system of Bo1, Bo2, Bo3, Bo5 (or any numbers of games). In which a single game, consist of 30 rounds. The winner of the game is determined by the team who are able to be the first to win 16 rounds. If any forfeit situation occurred, under normal circumstances, the decision made by D2BY will be the same as Rule A4.
- If a team quits/disconnect/forfeits before the knife battle phase (special phase to determine the CT/T side choosing right), the match will be canceled.
- If a team quits/disconnect/forfeits during knife battle phase, the opponent of the quit/disconnect/forfeit team will claim the victory of the match.
- The parimutuel prediction will be closed before the match starts, you could place/cancel the prediction or switch the team before it gets closed. And you can cancel a single prediction for 10 times at most. Once you already canceled it for 10 times, you are not allowed to cancel it anymore. As for the fixed-odds prediction, it will be closed before the match starts. You cannot switch the team or cancel the prediction once it’s placed successfully in fixed-odds prediction or in-play prediction.
- For matches that do not follow the initial schedule: Delay Matches, closing time will be decided with accordance to the situation; Match Started Earlier without prior notice, will be closed immediately. If you want to make change on your prediction, please do it on time to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Due to the unexpected situation, if the match gets paused/postponed or ended early, the predictions will be retained for 12 hours. If the match is confirmed to start within 12 hours, the prediction can be continued. All the predictions are still valid. If the match is confirmed to be postponed for more than 12 hours or there is no certain postponed match date announced, the predictions will be cancelled.
- For E-sports match remake, if a remake takes place before the predictions become settleable and the match will start in 12 hours, all unsettled predictions will be settled according to the remake match result. If the match starts in 12 hours later, we will cancel all unsettled predictions. If a remake takes place after the prediction becomes settleable, it will be settled according the completed match result before the remake and other available predictions will be canceled.
- For the sports match remake, no matter the match is finished or not, once the tournament organizer demands a remake, the related unsettled predictions will be canceled.
- For Match Duration predictions, if the match ends precisely at the over/under borderline, this prediction will be canceled. For example, for a Dota2 match duration over/under 33.5 minutes prediction, if the game ends precisely at 33:30 in-game time. We will cancel the Duration prediction for this match.
- D2BY administrator will never change the match information after the match is published for gaming. Match information such as handicap, number of games to be play, upper bracket advantages, teams, etc… are confirmed at the moment it is open for Gaming. If any of the information for the match is wrong, the match will be canceled. It will depend on the situation whether the canceled match is to be recreated.
- If a team is forfeited before the match starts (for whatever reason it is), regardless of whether the winning team decision is made by the organizer/referee, the related match will still be canceled by D2BY.
- If a match has started and still yet to be closed for Gaming, below is the action which we will take.
- Sports matches – If none of the team scored in first 5 minutes, the match will not be canceled and continue as usual. However, if any of the team scored in first 5 minutes, the match will be canceled.
- Dota 2 matches – If the match has started 5 minutes (referring to initial D2BY published match time), and the game/match still within the Ban/Pick phase or the first blood has not been drawn, or any scoring has been made, the match will not be cancel and continue as usual. However, if any of the kills (scoreboard) occurred during the 5 minutes time, the match will be canceled.
- CS:GO matches – If the first 5 minutes (referring to initial D2BY published match time) is still under knife round, or first round still being played and not yet ended, the match will not be cancel and continue as usual. However, if first round ended, the match will be canceled.
- It does not matter how many stand-in/substitutions in the team, or even a team without full members, once the match started, they are representing the team and the match will be counted.
- F10K/F5K predictions will be settled strictly based on the in-game score board (as in whichever team reaches 10 kills/5kills in in-game score board will be considered as the winner of related predictions)
- First Blood predictions will be settled strictly based on the in-game notifications (As in whichever team claimed the kill with the in-game notification “PLAYER A drew first blood by killing PLAYER B” will be considered as the winner of related predictions. If no first blood notification was announced in game, related predictions will be canceled)
- If a remake takes place before any predictions (F10K, FB, etc…) becomes settleable, all predictions will be settled according to the stats of the remake. If a remake takes place after one prediction (F10K, FB, etc…) becomes settleable, settleable predictions will be settled according the first match and other predictions will be canceled.
B) THE VALUES
- Value for each item is determined by the Steam Market. D2BY updates items value according to the prices changed in the Steam Market (notification will be posted). For those items that have low trading volume will not be allowed to use for Gaming until it has a stable trading volume. If you do not agree with the value for you item that is given by our system, you can either place a different item, or do not use it for Gaming at all.
- New released items may not be allowed for Gaming as well, until the price is stable in the Steam Market. D2BY will manually restrict items that have fluctuating prices.
- Each match payout value is determined by the total Gaming value of both sides. The potential reward shown during the Gaming is not the final payout value. The payout value will be finalized when the match is closed for Gaming.
- There is a limit on total of coins you can put in gaming for each match. The limitation shall not be under 1 coin and not exceed 500 coins.
- D2BY system only recognize the type of item but not the attributes of your item, such as name tags, description of tags, sockets, runes or gems attached to your item. Please be extra be careful on what you put on gaming, as D2BY is not responsible on any of the loss of quality item.
D) THE GAMEPLAY
- Different ways of Gaming.
- Handicap in Match: Usually the stronger team is the one who are giving out handicap points. The handicap match will show the handicapped team name, the symbol of minus and the number representing the handicap points. Due to handicap points to be factor into the result of the match, hence the final result for the handicap match might be different from the actual result.
In a Bo3, the handicap match labeled with [Team A -1.5]. Even though in the actual result Team A won by 2-1 against Team B, but after factoring in the handicap points of 1.5 (2 minus 1.5 = 0.5), the final result for the handicap match is Team A lost with 0.5-1 against Team B.
- First 10 Kills: It means whichever team to get the first 10 kills in the Dota 2 in-game scoreboard.
- First Blood: It means whichever team to get the first blood by referring to Dota 2 console notification. If there is no notification (hero killed by enemy creep/tower), this First Blood gaming match will be canceled.
- Handicap in Rounds: This type of handicap only happened in CS:GO. Due to each of CS:GO game consists of 30 rounds, whichever team who first wins 16 rounds will be the winner of the match, in which the handicap in rounds work as below:
In game 1, the handicap in rounds match labeled as [Team A -2.5]. If the game ended with result of Team A 16-14 Team B, but after factoring in the handicap points of 2.5 (16 minus 2.5 = 13.5), the final result for the handicap in rounds will be 13.5-14, which Team B actually won by 0.5 point in the handicap match.
E) MATCH CLEARING
Clearing a match will take in consideration of the actual outcome instead of just following the referee or host’s decision, or to solely depending on the word "GG" in the in-game chat box. There was a real case happened before, in which the winning team lost because of a silly mistake.
Actual Case: In SL10, Team Virtus Pro definitely winning the game, but they accidentally typed GG while in the midst of destroying enemy throne. The host of the game gave them a lost. However, in D2BY point of view, we accept team Virtus Pro as the final winner.
- For any match done with all the payouts, if the match had ended, any situation occurred resulting in with new judgment or result by the host or referee of the match, D2BY will not recognize the new judgment or result, and to maintain the payout decision according to the original ended match. While if the match is still ongoing, D2BY will recognize the new judgment or result, and update the payout decision according to the new match result.
- Users who put gaming in match which has deciding factor in advance, such as First 10 Kills and First Blood etc, may receive the payout earlier before the game ends.
- Under special circumstances, we will maintain the match status as “Live” for internal discussion and verification before clearing.
- Performance of teams will not be part of D2BY consideration in clearing match.
F) ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING
- Checking procedure
D2BY set its own procedures for checks as part of the standards for countering money laundering and “Know Your Client”.
The procedure for checking identity demands that users provide D2BY with reliable documentation or information (for example, a passport, international passport, bank correspondence, service bill). For the purposes of the AML/KYC policy, D2BY has the right to gather user's personal information.
D2BY has the right to check the identity of the User on an ongoing basis, particularly in cases in which the User’s personal information changes or suspicious actions are performed (unusual for the specific User). In addition, D2BY has the right to request updated documents from the User regardless of the fact that the User has been verified in the past.
The User’s personal information will be collected, stored and protected strictly. After the User’s identity is confirmed, D2BY has the right to absolve itself of potential judicial responsibility in situations when the Site is used to perform illegal activity.
- Transaction Monitoring
The User guarantees the legitimacy of the origin, ownership and legal right of the User to use the funds added to the User’s account.
If funds are deposited in a suspicious or fraudulent manner, including the use of stolen credit cards and/or other fraudulent activities (including any returned or cancelled payments), D2BY has the right to prevent the User from using the Site and to block their account, and cancel the results of any of the User’s gaming actions.
In relation to the AML/KYC policy, D2BY tracks all transactions and has the right to:
- communicate transactions of a suspicious character to legal authorities
- request that the User provide any additional information and documentation in the case of suspicious transactions
- stop or cease the action of the User’s account if D2BY has sufficient grounds to suspect that this User is involved in illegal activity.
The list shown above is not exhaustive, and D2BY will track the transactions of Users daily to determine which transactions are suspicious and which are legitimate.
D2BY’s policy to stop money laundering and its “Know Your Client” policy (here after the AML/KYC policy) is intended to prevent and reduce the possible risks of D2BY becoming implicated in any type of illegal activity.
G) LIVE CHAT BOX RULES:
- D2BY is dedicated to build an enjoyable environment that full of joy and interesting atmosphere. To guarantee this, we have made the chat box rules as below. Please strictly follow.
- Prosperity, Democracy, Civility, Harmony, Freedom, Equality, Justice, Rule of Law, Patriotism, Dedication, Integrity, Friendship.
- All rude, dirty, political, pornographic, violent, advertising information as your ID or profile picture is forbidden.
- Allowed languages: English - Russian - Spanish - Mandarin
- All malicious personal attack is prohibited.
- No spamming: meaningless words, use emoticons only, post irrelevant or controversial/unconfirmed topic.
- Any act of promoting, mentioning or suggesting other gaming website is strictly not allowed.
- Every member of D2BY has right to monitoring, reporting and suggesting. If you are questionable to our decision, please write us a ticket.
- If any User violates the terms of the use, D2BY reserves the right to stop or cease to provide access to some or all functions of the Site for the User’s Account.